Conor McGregor Issues Apology After April Incident In Dublin: "I Was In The Wrong."

USA TODAY Sports
In an interview with Ariel Helwani, McGregor addresses the assault incident and his potential return.
Former UFC lightweight and featherweight world champion 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor has issued an apology for his involvement in an incident in April, where an elderly man was punched in the Marble Arch pub in Drimnagh, after a dispute over whiskey. Speaking with renowned mixed-martial-arts journalist Ariel Helwani in a lengthy ESPN Sportscentre sit down, McGregor took full responsibility for the incident after Helwani asked to hear his side of the story.

"I mean, in reality, it doesn't matter what happened there, I was in the wrong. That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did, and although, five months ago it was, I tried to make amends and I made amends back then, that does not even matter, I was in the wrong. I must come here before you and take accountability and take responsibility, I owe it to the people that have been supporting me, I owe it to my mother and father, my family. I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts, that's not who I am, that's not the reason why I got into martial arts, or study in combat sports, the reason I got into it was to defend against that type of scenario, so to see that, and although months ago (it happened), I have been making steps and continually making steps to do better and be better, to see it (the video), It's like a dagger into my heart as a young martial artist. I'm just here to own up to that, and move on, and carry on and face what's coming with it."

More info and discussion as the story develops.

Requests:markeyross198.RM@gmail.com







Comments