Conor McGregor Provides Update On Return: 'I'm Going To Get Back, You Think A Broken Bone Will Stop Me?'

Mandatory Credit: Jeff Bottari - Zuffa LLC


Former two-weight UFC champion, 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor has claimed that he feels like he could kick off of his left leg already, despite suffering a fractured left tibia just over two months ago in his second consecutive defeat against former interim gold holder, Dustin Poirier.

Earlier this week, McGregor hit the headlines following an apparent altercation with musician, Machine Gun Kelly (real name Colson Baker) at the Video Music Awards in Brooklyn, New York -- in which security corralled the two before a physical altercation.

Reports, which were denied by McGregor through his spokesperson, Karen Kessler, claimed that the Dubliner had asked MGK for a photograph, which he refused, before the pair exchanged verbals. The musician is then alleged to have pushed McGregor, who had spilled his drink, before footage shows the 33-year-old throwing the remainder of his drink toward MGK and his girlfriend, Megan Fox. 

The Dubliner is expected to remain sidelined until next year at the very earliest as he rehabilitates following a recent surgical procedure to address his fractured left tibia, suffered in the final 10-seconds of his opening round trilogy rubber match with the aforenoted, Poirier at UFC 264 in July. 

Providing an update to Adam Glyn during his recent visit to New York, McGregor claimed that he feels like he could probably kick again off of his left leg, however, doctor's have advised him to continue recovering and rehabilitating.

"I feel like I could kick right now," McGregor said whilst signing autographs. "I honestly feel like I could right now, but I've just got to listen to the doctors, listen to the people that are guiding me. That's what I've done so far. I've committed myself to the work and I'm back on the feet. It's so good to be back on the feet." (H/T MMA Fighting)

"I was upset for a little while," McGregor explained. "It's not been easy. There's been a few ups and downs on this. It's probably one of the wildest things that's ever happened to me in my life. I'm going to get back. You think a broken bone is going to stop me? Think again."

July's first round doctor's stoppage TKO loss came as the 33-year-old's second defeat of the year, following a second round knockout loss to the Lafayette native, Poirier on 'Fight Island' at UFC 257. 

The ex-UFC champion's most recent victory came in January of last year when he handed future Hall of Fame inductee, Donald Cerrone a 40-second knockout in a UFC 246 main event clash.

Comments