Beneil Dariush has encouraging words for UFC 248 opponent Drakkar Klose

Photo Credit: Paul Miller - USA TODAY Sports

Over the course of last year, Iranian born grappler, Beneil Dariush has steadily amassed an impressive steak of victories. Since his loss to Alexander Hernandez at UFC 222 - Dariush has secured a trio of triumphs over Thiago Moisés, Drew Dober, and Frank Camacho.

The 30-year-old takes on Drakkar Klose this weekend in a guaranteed lightweight barnburner - with potential high-stakes. The Rȏmulo Barral Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt has one of the most dangerous offensive grappling games in the ranks at 155-pounds and holds an impressive eight submission wins. The Kings MMA mainstay has scored career-highlight wins over Jim Miller, Carlos Diego Ferreira, Daron Cruickshank, James Vick, and Michael Johnson.

Speaking with MMA Power Hour's Colin Crandall at Thursday's UFC 248 Media Day - Dariush played down the spoils on offer with a victory, before praising the ability of the similarly surging, Klose.

"[He's] well rounded, he's aggressive and an intelligent fighter," Dariush said. "He's had a lot of decision wins but to win a decision - it's not easy. It takes a lot of different abilities."

Given Dariush's recent surge through lightweight opposition, it seems the Rafael Cordeiro trainee is more than likely on the cusp of the top fifteen of the division - a narrative he's not completely sold on as of yet.

"I just like fighting, that's what I want to do - I just want to fight," Dariush explained. "I don't even expect that [to be ranked] to be honest with you. I know that everybody's like, 'Oh you'll probably be ranked after this'. To be honest, I probably won't. In my opinion, I don't think I will. 

Twitter
Instagram

Comments