Chan Sung Jung Claims He "Doesn't Remember" Final Three Rounds In Defeat To Brian Ortega

Mandatory Credit: Josh Hedges - Zuffa LLC


Suffering a five-round drubbing at the hands of newly minted number-one contender, Brian Ortega - the streaking Chan Sung Jung explained how he "doesn't remember" the last three-frames of their main event clash last night at UFC Fight Island 6.

'The Korean Zombie' failed to ever get out of the starting blocks against the reinvigorated Ortega - who scored a dominant, one-sided 50-45 (x3) unanimous decision to book his second Octagon title tilt, opposite current titleholder, Alexander Volkanovski.

Suffering a knockdown as a result of a counter left-hook from Ortega before the end of the opening-round, Jung then suffered a second dropping midway through the second-frame via a stunning spinning elbow from Ortega, resulting in a massive knockdown.

Displaying his resilience and determination which has become a staple of his career, the South Korean survived the worrying moment, but suffered a cut to his left eyelid in the third, via an accidental clash of heads in the lead up to a clinch exchange. 

Releasing a statement after the headlining matchup on his official Instagram account, Jung explained how he didn't remember rounds three, four, or five on his way to his first defeat in three outings.

"I don't remember the 3rd. 4th. and 5th. rounds. I can't remember, but it's amazing to see how I'm fighting haha. I have to find out why I lost when I lose the game. Right, I'm just an idiot. (Brian) Ortega was so good... I just feel so embarrassed about me now. Still, thank you for supporting me a lot. I'm sorry." (via Google Translate)



The one-sided judging loss brought an end to a two-fight rise for Jung, who had scored recent opening-round knockout wins over common-opponents, both Renato Moicano, and former lightweight best, Frankie Edgar.

Now poised to enter his second promotional title tilt, Ortega successfully rebounded from an almost two-year absence and a disappointing fifth-round doctor's stoppage defeat to then featherweight best, Max Holloway.  

Comments