Khabib Nurmagomedov Questions Why He Should Rematch Dustin Poirier Or Conor McGregor

Mandatory Credit: Josh Hedges - Zuffa LLC


With focus firmly planted on his UFC lightweight title unification clash with interim best, Justin 'The Highlight' Gaethje tomorrow night in Abu Dhabi, UAE - Khabib 'The Eagle' Nurmagomedov has questioned why he should consider offering either past-foes, Dustin 'The Highlight' Poirier or 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor a rematch.

Khabib, who secured submission wins over both Poirier and McGregor at UFC 242 and UFC 229, respectively - successfully made championship weight this morning at 155-pounds ahead of tomorrow's UFC 254 headliner with Gaethje, with recent singing, Michael Chandler waiting in the wings as a backup if required. 

The undefeated Dagestani grappling ace looks to improve his professional record to a staggering 29-0 against Elevation Fight Team and Trevor Wittman mainstay, Gaethje, and while a potential 'superfight' with former two-weight world champion, Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre or a well overdue clash with Tony 'El Cucuy' Ferguson has been floated - Khabib remains adamant that he doesn't need to rematch Poirier or McGregor.

While the organization are actively attempting to secure a lightweight rematch between Poirier and McGregor for UFC 257 on January 23rd. in a matchup which would certainly insert the winner into the lightweight title picture once again, Khabib has claimed the prospect of a re-run doesn't give him "good energy".

"I don't think I'm gonna give these guys (Dustin Poirier or Conor McGregor) a rematch or something like this," Khabib told UFC Arabia. "They don't deserve this. I fight with them both, I finish both of them, and these fights don't give me good energy. For example, versus Justin Gaethje, it's like I can't wait. This fight makes me excited, but Dustin or Conor, these guys don't make me excited because I already beat them. Why I have to fight with them [again]?"

Comments