Stipe Miocic Wants Trilogy Bout With Francis Ngannou, Plans To 'Bulk Up' To 250lbs

Mandatory Credit: Jeff Bottari - Zuffa LLC


Former two-time UFC heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic plans to bulk up quite significantly for a potential trilogy clash with two-time foe, Francis Ngannou -- in a bid to regain the undisputed crown. 

Headlining UFC 260 in March at the UFC Apex facility, Miocic suffered a quite frankly, devastating second round knockout loss to the Batie native, dropping his championship. With the win, Xtreme Couture member, Ngannou avenged a UFC 220 unanimous decision loss to Miocic back in January of 2018, tying the scores at one apiece.

With plans to take time off this summer as he and his partner welcomed a newborn, Miocic recently featured on the Pat McAfee Show -- where he claimed that he wants to score the heavyweight title again, and how he plans to weigh in the region of 250lbs for their potential trilogy -- having weighed in at 230lbs for the above-mentioned rematch.

"I want to get back what's mine," Miocic said. "It's bulking season. I'm gonna eat as much as I can and get big and strong... I'm trying to get to like, 250(lbs). I made 230(lbs) last time, not because I tried, but because of training. I'm really going to stick to really trying to gain a little bit of weight, a little bit more mass. I felt good but I think 20lbs will help. I will feel a lot stronger and he's a big dude. (Laughs). There's no question about it." (H/T MMA Fighting)

While Miocic has intentions to run back his March loss to Ngannou to round out their trilogy, it appears he'll have to wait for a considerable amount of time before that possible matchup.

The #2 ranked, Derrick Lewis, who has scored four consecutive wins, including a monstrous knockout success against Curtis Blaydes, at UFC Vegas 19 in February, has claimed recently that he's got the next shot at heavyweight gold.

"I don't know if I can be talking about all of this," Lewis said. "But somethings going to happen. We're just waiting on Francis (Ngannou). I got the fight, so I'm just really waiting on Francis to pick what date he wants to get in on. They gave me some dates, some months, so we're just waiting on him to respond. August is looking real good right now, so they're going to see what it's like in August for him."

Comments