Darren Till Visualises Future UFC Championship Success: I Will Be Beating Israel Adesanya

Mandatory Credit: Jeff Bottari - Zuffa LLC & Mark J. Rebilas - USA TODAY Sports


One-time UFC welterweight championship challenger, Darren 'The Gorilla' Till is not going to let his recent skid of form prevent him from achieving his title aspirations in the promotion -- claiming that he will beat current middleweight champion, Israel 'The Last Stylebender' Adesanya when they clash. 

Till, who is scheduled to headline UFC Vegas 36 September 4. -- meets with longtime middleweight top-ten contender, Derek Brunson in his second consecutive main event clash. 

Last time out, the outspoken Liverpool native headlined UFC Fight Island 3 last July against former middleweight champion and incoming title chaser, Robert Whittaker in a close, back-and-forth unanimous decision loss. 

Still ranked as the #7 middleweight in the UFC's official rankings despite the recent setback, Till looks to nab his second win in the division following a UFC 244 co-headlining win over former interim title challenger, Kelvin Gastelum at Madison Square Garden. 

Forced from recent headlining tilts against both Jack Hermansson and then recent title challenger, Marvin Vettori to a knee injury and broken collarbone, respectively, Till has not let these setbacks knock his confidence regarding an eventual title-clinching effort in the Octagon.

"I will take 20 losses, I will take 55 losses, I will take injury after injury after injury to get where I want to be," Till told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. "It's good to see guys like Charles Oliveira, Jan Blachowicz ... it's good to see them (sic) types of guys do the things that they're doing. Charles lost to (Donald) 'Cowboy' Cerrone, and now he's the champion. ... I am prepared to do whatever it takes me and my team."

"I have visualizations of winning that belt, (and) when Joe Rogan comes over to me with the mic, throwing the mic out of his hands and giving it to Colin (Heron) so he can give the speech that is needed. And I go out of the cage with my belt, let him have his speech, and I dump the belt on his desk the next day, and we continue."

"I visualize all this, mate, but I believe it," Till explained. "With all the antics, that's hyping fights, but don't get it twisted, I don't take this lightly. ... I wake up every day and I put my soul, mind, and body through hell and back."

For what seems the longest time, both Till and reigning division kingpin, Adesanya has teased a potential matchup between each other -- with the former calling for an Anfield homecoming against the City Kickboxing maestro. 

Before the close of his interview, Till, who appeared on the show prior to Adesanya, wished the Nigerian-Kiwi kickboxer well but claimed he would beat him in the future. 

"Listen, good luck, good luck Izzy (Israel Adesanya) on your journey," Till said. "He's a fan of me, and I'm a fan of him. But I will be beating you, Izzy. I will be beating you, mate. You f*cking know it."

Comments

Popular Posts This Week!