Kayla Harrison Claims The PFL Need To Offer 'Life-Changing Money' To Keep Her

Mandatory Credit: PFL


Undefeated lightweight standout, Kayla Harrison approaches the lightweight tournament semi-final tomorrow night against Kiwi striker, Genah Fabian -- and with a finale clash looming should she overcome the Auckland native, Harrison has claimed that in order for the PFL to retain her services, they need to bring in some more talent to the division, as well as offer "life-changing money".

Harrison, undefeated as a professional mixed martial artist, boasts a perfect 10-0 professional résumé and won gold on two separate occasions as the London 2021 and Rio de Janeiro 2016 summer Olympic Games in Judo. 

Steamrolling competition in the form of Mariana Morais and UFC alum, Cindy Dandois en route to tomorrow's semi final meeting with Fabian at PFL 8 in Miami, Florida -- the victor awaits either Larissa Pacheco or Taylor Guardado who clash tomorrow night as well. 

Not looking beyond either Fabian or a combination of past-foe, Pacheco, or Guardado, Harrison has stressed, however, that the PFL will need to land more talent into the promotion or offer her "life-changing money" in order for her to stick around.

"Obviously, I have these next two fights in front of me," Harrison told MMA Mania reporter, Shakiel Mahjouri. "These are the most important things. I gotta go out there and I have to dominate and instil my will. I've also come to the realization that if PFL and I are going to negotiate, and if they're unable to bring in new talent or whatever, they're going to have to offer me life-changing money in order for me to be willing to give up my chance at a legacy. That's kind of where I'm at mentally. I know the PFL is negotiating with my manager now. That's stuff that I let them deal with. I have a job to do. I'm going to go out there and kick ass and chew bubble gum. The rest will work itself out. I have no doubt if I do everytrhing right, the rest will work itself out."

Given her talents as well as her flawless professional record all in tandem with a perfect run through the PFL tournament back in 2019 and continued success, speculation has begun to mount regarding a potential move to either Bellator MMA or the UFC.

Harrison has been continuously linked with a potential jet to the Dana White-led organization, with fans clamoring for a potential featherweight division return for the Ohio native in a showdown opposite current two-weight champion, Amanda Nunes.

As for a move to Bellator, Harrison has also been tied to a potential clash against the decorated former Invicta FC, UFC, and Strikeforce champion, Cris Cyborg -- with undisputed Bellator featherweight spoils up for grabs.

Across her 10-fight career, the 31-year-old judoka has bested the likes of the aforenoted, Dandois, Morais, and Pacheco (x2), as well as Cortney King in a one-sided second round knockout under the Invicta FC banner back in November of last year in between the PFL season format. 

In the past, the abovementioned, White has flirted about the possibility of tying Harrison to a contract with the UFC, after Harrison claimed that if the promotion were willing to offer her a whole lot of money, well then she was willing to make a whole lot of money.

"Yeah, I know her contract's up soon," White said when speaking about Harrison. "I don't know if she's ready to come over here (to the UFC) yet, or her people feel she's ready to come over here yet, but when she is, we're ready."

Comments

Popular Posts This Week!