Beneil Dariush Announces Charles Oliveira is Out Of Their UFC Fight Island Clash On October 3rd.

Mandatory Credit: Zuffa LLC

A highly-exciting matchup between grappling maestros, Charles 'Do Bronx' Oliveira, and Beneil Dariush has reportedly fallen to the wayside. Surging contender, Oliveira was expected to put his staggering seven-fight undefeated run on the line against Kings MMA mainstay, Dariush at the Yas Island Fight Night event - but is now out of the matchup, according to his would-be opponent.

Oliveira was scheduled to make his second Octagon appearance of the year, following a highlight win over one-time interim lightweight title chaser, Kevin 'The Mo'Town Phenom' Lee in a UFC Fight Night Brasília main event in March.

For Dariush, the October 3rd. matching would come as his third walk under the UFC's banner this year alone - after stunning knockout wins over Drakkar Klose, at UFC 248, and Scott Holtzman at UFC Fight Night Vegas, respectively.

Taking to his official Instagram account on Monday night, Dariush announced Oliveira was out of their intriguing matching - without citing a reason, but wished his São Paulo born lightweight counterpart well.

"After my fight with Scott Holtzman, the UFC offered me a fight with Charles Oliveria on Oct 3rd. I accepted and so did Charles. I did not announce it because I was waiting on the UFC to announce it and I would follow. I (sic) been informed Charles is out of the fight. I am not sure of the details but I hope all is well with Charles. I am currently working with the UFC to figure out the next step. I will keep you all posted on the details. Finally, even though the fight did not come to fruition I want to thank the UFC, Sean Shelby, and my brother, Ali Abdelaziz for setting this up."

The UFC Fight Night event is set to be headlined by a re-worked, high-stakes bantamweight pairing of former titleholder, Holly Holm, and surging contender, Irene Aldana. Recently moved to the card also - a potential light heavyweight title-eliminator between one-time challengers, Glover Teixeira, and Thiago Santos.


Comments