Conor McGregor Worryingly Tweets And Deletes: I Can't Go On Like This Man. I Am Crushed Here

Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas - USA TODAY Sports

Former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion, 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor took to his official Twitter account this morning, worryingly tweeting and deleting "I can't go on like this man. I am crushed here" in response to another user who claimed the U.K. could "have" McGregor, amid his recent arrest in Corsica for alleged attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition.

The 32-year-old Dubliner was released from police custody on Saturday last, following questioning in relation to a reported September 6th. attempted sexual assault and indecent exposure at a bar in the port town of Calvi in Corsica, by a young married woman.

McGregor, who has spent the last number of weeks on the French island with his fiancée, Dee Devlin - is currently awaiting results of "key physical tests" which were carried out during his time in police custody, which would determine whether or not he'd be re-arrested.

McGregor was set to participate in a 180km marathon endurance race alongside Princess Charlene of Monaco to promote awareness surrounding water safety but withdrew from the event which began on September 12th.

Replying to a Twitter user who tagged McGregor in a story ran by the BBC which labelled McGregor as "English",  the user commented, "They can have him, the BBC is correct @TheNotoriousMMA (Conor McGregor) is English."

In a series of responses which have since been deleted by McGregor, the Crumlin native worryingly penned, "I can't go on like this man. I am crushed here."

Firing back at the user, McGregor then followed up by criticising the user for advocating suicide prevention - before "insulting" him in the process.

"[You work in] suicide intervention yet ridiculing me in this manner online, at this horrendous time in my life. I am trying to stay strong for my kids and the people that rely on me and that love and support me. Thanks for the insults, hypocrite."


In a statement released to TMZ, a representative for McGregor told, how he has "vigorously denied any misconduct".


Comments