Conor McGregor Releases Statement Amid Recent Arrest: The Truth Will Always Set Me Free

Mandatory Credit: Zuffa LLC

Taking to his personal Facebook page this afternoon, former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion, 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor has addressed his recent arrest for alleged attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition in Corsica - as well as the worrying series of tweets he penned and deleted yesterday morning.

The Dubliner was released from police custody on Saturday, in relation to an incident which allegedly took place at a bar in the port town of Calvi on September 6th. - in which the 32-year-old is alleged to have displayed his manhood to a young married woman as she made her way to the bathroom.

While the results from "key physical tests" have yet to be made available, McGregor worrying responded to a Twitter use yesterday, who tagged him in an article by the BBC which labels him "English"- penning "I can't go on like this man. I am crushed here." before also writing, "[You work in] suicide intervention yet ridiculing me in this manner online, at this horrendous time in my life. I am trying to stay strong for my kids and the people that rely on me and that love and support me. Thanks for the insults, hypocrite."




Taking to his personal Facebook profile, McGregor called the recent allegations against him, "vicious lies" as well as responding to people who've called from him to take his own life after his above series of Twitter interactions.

"I will never kill myself no matter how many wish for it. Try set me up all yous fu*king want over and over and over the truth will always set me free! Be it baby father claims, rape, indecent exposure, bullsh*t WhatsApp group sh*t. You fu*king name it. Never will I fold! The truth is the truth and it gives me wings! I know my character! God bless DNA! God bless Cctv! God bless eye witness! God bless the truth! The truth is power! I am free! Never will a dime be paid to anyone coming at me with vicious lies. Not now not fu*king ever! I will fight! And I am only beginning my fight! All these past incidents you will see! They will not be forgotten! I will not allow these people to just accuse me and then disappear into the dark to attempt to ruin someone else life! (sic) No fu*king way!"





Comments