Cris Cyborg "Motivated" Ahead Of Record-Setting Quadruple Crown Bid

Photo Credit: UFC
Cris Cyborg attempts to pry the Bellator featherweight title from Julia Budd tomorrow in California.

Cris Cyborg aims to make mixed-martial-arts history tomorrow night in California. The Brazilian icon makes her first walk under the Bellator MMA banner - as she takes on reigning featherweight queen, Julia Budd - with some absolutely gigantic spoils up for grabs. The mixed-martial-arts veteran attempts to become the first female in the sport's history to hold gold in four major organizations. The Curitiba native battles Budd, looking to add the Bellator crown to her UFC, Strikeforce, and Invicta FC gold. A quadruple crown.

The 34-year-old recently traded the UFC for Bellator - after a strained relationship with Dana White forced the Brazilian to link up once more with Scott Coker. The knockout artist is still revered as of the most feared strikers in mixed-martial-arts today, and rebounded from her early defeat to Amanda Nunes, to claim a dominant victory over former Invicta FC best, Felicia Spencer. Speaking with Colin Crandall of, MMA Power Hour, at Bellator 238 Media-Day, Cyborg spoke of her motivation ahead of a potential record-setting quadruple crown attempt.

"You know, I respect all my opponents, every challenge in my life I have respect. I'm excited, I'm a contender again and to fight for the title. I'm really happy for the opportunity, training really hard, and very motivated. I did my camp in South Africa, second camp I'm doing (sic) (in South Africa). I have a great team up there, amazing, a lot of young kids. I'm very happy."

With a professional career spanning an incredible fifteen years, the 34-year-old has no plans to hang up her gloves in the near future - despite achieving almost everything possible in her field - and widely acknowledged as one of the greatest female mixed-martial-artists on the globe.

"I feel present. I feel great, I don't have any bad injuries, and I just see today, and the future - let the future show up for us."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ross_Markey
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/markeymartialarts/?hl=en



Comments

Popular Posts This Week!