Kevin Lee Aims Verbal Barrage At Khabib, Ferguson, Masvidal, And McGregor

Photo Credit: Patrick Smith - Zuffa LLC
Kevin Lee has had some choice words for some of the promotion's biggest names.

Recent division returnee, Kevin 'The Mo' Town Phenom' Lee, has aimed a range of verbal onslaughts at some of the lightweight ranks best, and the promotion's BMF champion.

The Detroit native recently returned to 155-pounds, and the win column at UFC 244 in November - scoring a highlight-reel high-kick finish of the then-undefeated, Gregor Gillespie. The one-time interim lightweight challenger is scheduled to headline UFC Fight Night Brasilia in March against the surging Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner, Charles Oliveira, as he attempts to continue a second title siege. The collegiate wrestler, who recently moved to Firas Zahabi's, Tristar, told how he still plans on meeting rival, Islam Makhachev this summer. 

Speaking on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show, the lightweight contender also had some choice words for current division king, Khabib Nurmagomedov, April title challenger, Tony Ferguson, former two-weight world champion, Conor McGregor, and BMF champion, Jorge Masvidal. Lee commented on McGregor's victory over Donald Cerrone last weekend at UFC 246 - but was far from impressed with the Dubliner's performance which saw him return to winning ways.

"I ain't been impressed with nothing in the UFC for a minute, to be honest. Lee told ESPN's, Ariel Helwani. This s**t is starting to get wack. And, Conor (McGregor) is up there with it. I mean, he got the job done and got the money, but he fought a guy who was tailor-picked for him and was chinny. Anytime you go down by shoulder strikes, and it stings you, and this ain't to slick 'Cowboy', I am not one of those people that think 'Cowboy' laid-down. But, if a shoulder (strike) is hurting you, that means your chin is gone and they already knew that. So, I'm not impressed. I am a little irritated by it, to be honest."

McGregor lodged a forty-second victory over Cerrone on Saturday night, setting up an eventual high-kick and strikes knockout win via a handful of early, creative, shoulder strikes in the clinch which appear to have broken 'Cowboy{s}' nose. Lee has campaigned for a meeting with McGregor for a number of years - with the latest verbal offense toward 'The Notorious' one, stemming from his triumph over Denver's, Cerrone. 

"When I go to the store and I hear people talking like he did this to 'Cowboy' and that he's back, blah, blah, blah," Lee said. "Like, come on man. We out here really fighting. I'm really fighting, I had my comeback fight in November, and I took on an undefeated guy. I didn't take on someone that is a little over the hill. So yeah, I am a little irritated by it, to be honest. Jorge Masvidal, all of a sudden he's the top guy, and he's out here doing the fakest, wackest s**t. Khabib (Nurmagomedov), wack, Tony Ferguson, wack, Conor (McGregor) wack, Jorge Masvidal, wack. They are all f**king wack to me, so I don't know, I'm on a different wavelength."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ross_Markey
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/markeymartialarts/?hl=en







Comments