Johnny Walker Eyes Move To Tristar After UFC 244 Quarrel With Coach

Photo Credit: UFC
Johnny Walker will become the latest member of Firas Zahabi's Tristar team.

Exciting light heavyweight prospect, Johnny Walker has revealed his intentions to ply his trade in Canada ahead of his UFC Fight Night Brasilia meeting with Nikita Krylov - stemming from a pre-UFC 244 squabble with his coach, Leo Gosling. The eccentric Rio de Janeiro native suffered an opening-round knockout defeat against wrestling ace, Corey Anderson in New York last November, and plans to link up with Tristar leader, Firas Zahabi in a change of direction and scenery.

The 27-year-old revealed the news in an interview with media personality, The Schmo, how on January 19th. he plans of traveling to Canada to begin his fight camp ahead of a March homecoming. The move comes from left field, considering Walker's brief excursion to SBG Ireland before his matchup with Anderson, along with fight preparation alongside his original team.

"I don't accept this loss because I know I can beat him (Corey Anderson)," Walker told The Schmo. "I know that. But, I had a little problem during the fight, fight week as well, before the fight some stress (sic) with my team. So I learned a lot and it's not going to happen again. I don't train with my old coach anymore because the problem is with him. During fight week he stressed me out twice and before the fight, he almost hurt my shoulder because he don't (sic) know how to hold pads properly. We don't match too well on fight week. For a long time I start having these (sic), because you know, we live together, about respect as well. Somethings are not getting met. So now I have no coach and I'm trying to go to Tristar and look for a new coach and new experience and new guys. And I'm ready to restart again."

Before the defeat to Anderson, Walker was fast-tracking his route to a championship tilt against Jon Jones - having spang in the rankings with three straight knockout wins. An elbow barrage finished both Khalil Rountree Jr. and Justin Ledet, before grappler, Misha Cirkunov was finished with a brutal flying-knee just over half a minute into their UFC 235 pairing. Those three stoppages earned Walker consecutive Performance of the Night bonuses - and against Krylov, he plans another to cash another bonus cheque.

"I'll be ready. I'm going to train hard there (Tristar), gonna learn as much as I can, I'm gonna beat Nikita Krylov. I don't care what people think. I'm going to be the same guy, but better. I'm going to work in (sic) everything. Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu, strike, box, everything that I can work. I always learn and improve myself every day. So I'll be better and I'll be back, soon. The 14th. of March, Brazil. My time to get the bonus of the night again."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ross_Markey
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/markeymartialarts/?hl=en

Comments

Popular Posts This Week!